Happy Sunday Everyone! I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback on the 10 ways to a better body image list here’s another greatest of 20 ways to love your body. The more you find the good in you and your body to focus on and embrace less power you give to the negative thoughts that love to try and take control. I hope this post helps you as we go into a new week of 20 new mindsets & things to try to one day get to self love & acceptance!
20 Ways to Love Your Body
Courtesy of NEDA and Margo Maine, Ph.D.
1. Think of your body as the vehicle to your dreams. Honor it. Respect it. Fuel it.
2. Create a list of all the things your body lets you do. Read it and add to it often.
3.Become aware of what your body can do each day. Remember it is the instrument of your life, not just an ornament.
4. Create a list of people you admire: people who have contributed to your life, your community, or the world.
5. Consider whether their appearance was important to their success and accomplishments.
6. Walk with your head held high, supported by pride and confidence in yourself as a person.
7.Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy.
8. Wear comfortable clothes that you like, that express your personal style, and that feel good to your body.
9. Count your blessings, not your blemishes.
10. Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. Try one!
11. Be your body’s friend and supporter, not its enemy.
Consider this: your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, your liver every six weeks, and your skeleton every three months. Your body is extraordinary–begin to respect and appreciate it.
12. Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and rejuvenating itself so you can enjoy the day.
13. Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.
14.Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good. Exercise for the Three F’s: Fun, Fitness, and Friendship.
15. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body.
Tell yourself you can feel like that again
16. Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself–without mentioning your appearance. Add to it! Put a sign on each of your mirrors saying, “I’m beautiful inside and out.”
17. Choose to find the beauty in the world and in yourself.
18. Start saying to yourself, “Life is too
short to waste my time hating my body this way.”
19. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired.
20. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty.